Week 1A: Why this Template

I could spend hours trying to pick the "right" theme and layout. Sometimes that just isn't necessary. However, I did put thought into my choices, along with intuition. I also tried to have some fun with it.

Background graphic: I wanted something a bit quirky. Not too wild that it would take over the blog; just enough for intrigue. I decided to go with this great space craft theme that Blogger provides. To really geek out I will disclose that the title of my blog "Olivia Tries to Social Media" and this background image connected metaphorically. They are both navigating through the unknown abyss.

Color scheme: Black is a no risk easy background. It makes all the other colors "pop", while maintaining a clean sophisticated look. My secondary color is blue because I like blue. I also like grey, but that seems a little dull next to the black. Dark blue on black, well no. Cobalt could do. However, I want it to be crisp, modern and very legible. Don't want any one to have to hunt for text. Light bright blue with a tinge of teal it is. For the title I did a nice complimentary orange. These colors also match the graphic.

Typography: My first goal was legibility. For the title I picked a stencil style that has some character but is still very readable. I chose this because it has a mission feel to it, corresponding with the graphics and my mission; which is trying to ace this class and not hate social media. For the subtitles and body I left the typography that came with the theme. It is simple and easy on the eyes.

Layout: Once I get more familiar with Blogger and what we will be posting in this course I can determine if the layout is optimal. So far it seems simple, efficient and aesthetically pleasing.

Comments

  1. I really like this layout Olivia, mostly because I chose the same one. I almost stuck with this same graphic too, because I thought it would be interesting and go along with my philosophical blog ideas I might post. I found another photo but kept the black and white layout, for the same reasons you mention. I like your title too it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choice of layout and theme Olivia! It looks like a Pixar movie control room where a lot of scientific work is happening. Your layout is simple and easy to read. I like the black background and white text, it's easier on the eyes than others and your orange headline reminds me almost of a minion cartoon, fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts