Week 11: E-mail Marketing

 The lecture was very informative for me. I found the investment stat and return of $1 equating to about $44 interesting. I also did not consider that standard e-mail service is inadequate for business marketing/newsletter purposes.

I think initially a quarterly e-mail would make sense. Each one would be themed around the seasons. I think this would make sense as my business is a fruit and vegetable product. Seasons also affect travel and outdoor activities which pertains greatly to my target market. This theme lends many interesting and relative topics for my business. I think for the first year or 2 the e-mails would include a lot of information about our milestones, updated info about where we sell and new products. Eventually I'd like to expand to online sales, when I have the space and equipment to do so. At that point the e-mail marketing would be more critical I think, as well as require greater frequency, promotions etc.

Comments

  1. I think seasonal newsletters is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea of quarterly email focusing on seasons would be very effective. It's always interesting how shopping patterns change with seasonal changes. Plus, you would create an expectation with people to be on the lookout for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! great job on your blog post. I think your approach with the quarterly seasonal emailing is a unique strategy. I also like you're ideas about expanding to online sales, and in return, changing your email marketing campaign to send newsletters more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think reading about your milestones would be helpful in learning about how much work you have put into your business. I would also like to see details about what your product really is and its nutritional content. So many people are concerned about what they are eating and if you focus on the healthy as well as taste aspects, I think you could sell more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olivia!
    Sending out quarterly newsletter is a great idea! This way your customer's do not get overwhelmed and will always look out for your business's newsletter each season! Adding coupons or promotions to each newsletter will be a great way to start your online expansion!
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked how you want to do it around the seasons, that would be perfect. I would love to see recipes as well since what you do is food based.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seasonally emails is a great idea-I like the idea of not going out with a boom for the first year but really strategizing and working whats best to substantially grow your business successfully. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you put a lot of thought into your target markets regarding email marketing. I know every strategy works differently for select companies, and your direction appears that it would be most beneficial. Also, the content you've selected would allow your users to keep up to date with your company, and I think this would help keep your current customers while generating new ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts