Week 9: Twitter

After setting up a twitter account and customizing the profile I created multiple lists based on Moody Bits target markets. The Twitter lists I created are:
  • Knoxville
  • Outdoor Enthusiasts
  • Athletic Community
  • The Busy Mom
  • The Traveler
  • The Foodie

Here is a list of some of the words I searched in Twitter:
  • Sporty
  • Knoxville sports
  • NFL athletes
  • Von miller
  • Knoxville Volunteers
  • Knoxville Vols
  • Knoxville athletes
  • Knoxville outdoors
  • Outdoor world
  • Travel
  • Knoxville mom
  • Busy mom 
  • world travel
  • hiking
  • camping

As you can see I tried both broad and specific terms. Sometimes I just was not sure how to get the results I wanted so I had to play around with the terms a bit. In other cases I was not sure exactly what I was looking for and just needed ideas. Thus, I would start with a broad term and look at other peoples posts to help me narrow it down or see if there page was a good fit. Each list I made is specific to the Moody Bits target market. Some of the accounts I added fit into multiple lists, which is most ideal. I think the lists is very useful. It allows me to keep the lifestyle of my different markets organized. It also lets me know what is trendy and important to these different groups. In addition it shows me where these categories overlap.  This keeps me informed on what my audience wants and how I might engage with them. It allows me the opportunity to connect on an emotional level, especially since I personally share many of these interests as well.

I am not sure about timing, that is something that I still need to research more and hopefully pick up an effective pattern. Some may come from mimicking those that offer similar products and from good old trial and error. This of course means I will need to monitor, analyze and record what works and what does not.

Comments

Popular Posts