Week 12.1: More Tools Lecture

Google+
I had no idea Google+ offered a social media platform. It seems it could be a very useful tool, and one I would have not considered. I like that it seems to bring simplicity to the complexity of managing business relationships, events and so on. It seems well organized. I found the "Circles" concept to be particularly beneficial. For my business I have target markets with multiple lifestyles and thus varying interests. Utilizing circles can help me keep my content organized and relevant to each audience. I also liked the idea of having a circle for peers and similar companies. I am actually looking forward to using Google+ and all it's features.

LinkedIn
LinkedIn is another tool I intend to use. I appreciate that it a professional,  no-nonsense sort of social media platform. I think it can be really useful in building professional relationships. I think engaging on LinkedIn will create opportunities to networking, acquiring vendors, and find locations to place my product, all of which are critical for my business success. The other reason I believe LinkedIn could be useful is because my business a large portion of my target market is made up of busy professionals, which is what LinkedIn is geared towards. I know a handful of people that would benefit from my business and vise versa of course, that do not actively use the more popular social media platforms such as Facebook but do keep up to date on LinkedIn. I assume there are others I may only have the opportunity to reach on LinkedIn. 


Comments

Popular Posts