Week 17: Wrap Up


  • My use of Social Media over this semester went from pretty much none, to some, to actually looking forward to doing a lot more. As I mention in week 16, I had never used Twitter before and am pleasantly surprised that I intend to utilize it for my business quite regularly. I did like Instagram before this class but am more motivated to utilize it, as there is so much potential there. I feel that Instagram compliment each other. Where one lacks the other performs. By this I mean that if I have a certain message, or content I want to get to my audience, one of those 2 platforms will work well, if not both.

  • There has not been an impact to my business but that doe not really mean anything as I have not yet allowed the opportunity for any impact. As I mentioned before, I need to create content, make a schedule and be consistent. However, I absolutely believe there will be impact and am excited to see how that goes.

  • I would say I recognized the importance of social media in business before the course but my level of comfort and attitude towards it has improved quite a bit over the semester. I saw the potential for marketing but missed the value of being able to create those connections and interactions between market and business. I mention some examples of this in my week 16 post. Also, it can be a means of getting immediate and sincere feedback, or lack there of, which is also useful information.

  • I do feel I have a better understanding of how to utilize social media for business, and how to have more fun with it. I am more comfortable navigating through some of the various platforms and have a better understanding of which ones I want to use and why. 

  • I did find other products and services through social media I want to use myself. Actually, that I did use... I bought some boots, that I adore, from an L.L.Bean ad/coupon that came on my Instagram feed. I just now realized that hah. Okay so I admit, it works. 

Post Comments
I posted a reply comment to the blogs of Taylor Bantle, Alexa Floren and Vicky Mowery.

Comments

Popular Posts